Let me simply say, this was my favorite Easter EVER!
Oh my goodness, where to start:
- loved the opening guitar riff with Raymond Adams – set the stage for what followed!
- what followed was some Spirit-filled WORSHIP that brought the Presence into the House – thanks, Pastor Jon & Servants of Praise – you were wonderful!
- And the Media Team – wow, I hope you recover from the long hours you put in all week – but all of us think you did an awesome job of bringing the reality of Jesus’ life & death home to us! Kudos to Eduardo, Brent, Jen, Christian & anyone else on the team I’ve overlooked, PLUS our friend Hudson – we literally could not have done it without you!
- Thanks to the Dance Team for such energy & to Pastor Rachel & Leanne for the special – you looked like you were enjoying yourselves so much, we HAD to join in worship with you!
- Thank you, Gateway Music & Philip Thompson for the SONGS – I absolutely loved singing, “Oh, the Blood” and hearing “Your Masterpiece”……chill bumps!
- thanks to my favorite team of pastors: Ben, Tony & Sam – for coordinating & leading with excellence on this very special day!
- Finally, to the incredible team of volunteers (you know who you are) – some of whom served in all 4 services this weekend because of the need – I love you and I appreciate you!
- Of course, most AMAZING of all is that 54 precious people stood up & walked forward this weekend to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord! Can you say, ‘Par-tay’ in heaven this weekend!
- Just heard from Pastor William at our Hispanic campus, where they had a great drama & Easter celebration AND 5 people prayed to receive Jesus!
- Pastor Doug in South Bend reports an enthusiastic Easter crowd there today and says they really responded to the creative video elements in the service.
Haven’t heard from our other pastors, but since I’m leaving for O’Hare in about an hour, I’m going to sign off with my favorite comment overhead today: seems that one of our members heard a new family behind them in service, as the husband said to his wife, ‘This is our first time here, but this is home!’
I love this church; I love what God is doing among us! Can’t wait to see what’s next-