I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve just passed along something someone else wrote, but this was just TOO GOOD to not do so – thanks, Pastor Steven Furtick for reminding us all how to really face our problems!
(honorable mention to our Student Ministries Director, Sam Hamstra for pointing this one out to me!)
AND for those of you who asked if we could get the prophetic word online that my wife gave at our weekend celebrations, here it is:
Many are thankful that we are at the end of 2011 for it has been a year of loss and death. Death of hopes, dreams, plans, thoughts, and identity. All of which was preparing us, pruning us for what God wants to do for and through us in 2012. For this year will be a year of birth and NEW LIFE. Now it’s been a while, but what I remember of childbirth is that it is painful and messy. But we endure knowing what it will give us, a precious new life. So it will be this year. Things might be painful and messy at times, but we will not be discouraged for we know that we are giving birth to precious new life. The Lord gave me one word to describe 2012 for CLC and that is “WILD”. When I asked what that meant, because I didn’t know if I really liked the word, He said, “FULL OF GOD.” He then gave me three pictures…
1. Picture was of a man with a child on his lap reading a large story book, and as he turned the pages he was reading, “and this I my personality, this is my gifts and talents, this is my plan and my goals.” Then God said, “Put the book down, it’s fantasy, fairy tales. It’s based all on you. What I want to do in you and through you this coming year goes beyond you, what you can do and what you can accomplish, into my territory, miracle territory. What I want to do through you is so big that your personality and gifts could never accomplish it. Give me your life. Don’t just say “no.” Ask me, go to me for direction. I am going to take you in a totally different direction than what you think, but it’s part of the journey that will ultimately lead you to your heart’s desire, the desire that I have placed in you. Look to me for direction for every aspect of what you say and do, wear and go.” God says “I know the plans for you, and they are not where you would go on your own, but they will take you to my purposes and you will be lead by joy and peace.”
2. The second picture was of a boardroom. The men and women around the table all had their heads bowed in prayer, there was someone praying in the corner, rocking back and forth and someone laying on the floor before the Lord. And I heard the Lord say, “More prayer, less planning, more dependence on God, less dependence on human reason. This is not just for the church or ministries but also for businesses, and relationships.
3. The third picture was of people on fire…totally engulfed in flames. But they were not running around panicking like one would expect, because they were consumed by the fire of the Holy Spirit, walking with purpose, touching people and things with intent…lighting fires where ever they went. And I saw then the map of the Chicago area and the little flames grew until they totally engulfed Chicago.
SPECIFIC WORDS FOR PEOPLE
- There are people in music, business and ministry that will go international this year. God says, no borders, no boundaries, no limits. Take the limits off and see what God wants to do through you internationally.
- There are Sarah’s here that will give birth in their old age. Seasoned saints don’t panic. It’s not necessarily in the natural. People who are settled, have life all figured out, and think that it’s about time for them to slow down, are going to start all over. Scary yes. But if you surrender to the purposes of God your youth will be renewed, your joy will be restored and your strength will be reborn. It is not time to slow down.
- There will be some who will be ministering to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those with aids, and in the process, there will be two people healed of aids.
- There are those God is going to lead into the political and higher education arena as influencers in these fields. We are not just to shake our heads at what is happening. God is commanding us to make a difference, to be an influence in these areas.
- Lastly, we are to raise up an army of militant intercessors of radical faith, not afraid of radical surrender and sacrifice. For all that God wants to do in and through CLC in 2012 it must be first birthed in prayer. You know who you are. No one has to tell you that this word is for you. God has already been dealing with you about this very thing.
IT WILL NOT BE BUSINESS AS USUAL!